Chronicles of my insanity

Friday, February 12, 2010

29 Days Later

Hopefully this is nothing like 28 Days later because I really hate flesh-eating zombies.   It is 29 days until my first century in Solvang, CA. 

It has been a tough month, I have to say.  The weather has been a bit rainy and cold, which is no surprise.  I've missed a few long rides, which has been frustrating.  And last week, I screwed up my neck so badly I couldn't turn my head to the right.  Definitely has slowed things down for me.  Limited riding, no driving, and no talking to anyone on my right side.  (hmmm, an aversion for the right?)

However, today is full of all sorts of things to keep me happy.  I can now turn my head to the right.  It is CK's and my first anniversary and my parents 43rd anniversary (I think). It Darwin's 201st birthday.  And the 6th anniversary of the day SF started issuing same sex marriages.  I'm still in PJs, working from home, and also have a shiatsu massage and sushi in store for tonight.  So take that, February!

Anyhow, back to training. . .  Tomorrow we head out for a 65 mile ride.  This is one mile shy of my longest ride ever.   And though I'm a bit nervous about these increasing distances, what I remember the most about the 66 mile ride was not how long it was or how hard it was, but how hungry I was afterwards.  I literally could have eaten my own liver at that point.  Hmmm.  Maybe this will be a bit like flesh-eating zombies.

No comments: