Chronicles of my insanity

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The More the Butter!


Well, well, well.  We meet again.  Over 1.5 years later.  Good to know we can pick up where we left off so easily.

What have I been up to lately?  Allow me to summarize:
  • 3 long months in a miserable boot back in July 2013.
  • Then, out of the boot. Yay!
  • Then back in the boot a week later.  Boo!
  • 3 long months in a miserable boot.
  • Then back on the bike for the first time in January 2014.  17 miles. Woo hoo!
  • 6 months of intensive physical therapy + swim and bike training.
  • Speedster (my bike) develops 2 cracks in the frame. Bye bye bike.
  • Complete an aqua bike ( 2.4 mile swim + 112 mile bike) on a rented bike I had never ridden before. Ouch!
  • Buy a new-to-me bike, and name it Butter.  He's a smoooth ride!
That pretty much brings us up to speed.  What have you been up to?

Nice!  Sounds like you've been busy.   What do I have planned this year, you ask?

Well, in the spirit of New Years resolutions, I've signed up for another round of training and fundraising in support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I'll be training for and riding  America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride.  It's 100 miles around Lake Tahoe on June 7, 2015.

I know! It does sound fun.  Care to join me?

Oh. OK.  Well, think about it.  I'd love to ride with you.  We ride all over the Bay Area.  In the mean time, though, you could support me by donating to my fundraising efforts.  I'm trying to reach $3500 by June.  

Yeah, it's always a challenge to fundraise, but it's worth it.  LLS does such good work at supporting research and helping patients and families who have cancer.

Thank you!  That's so generous.   And thank you so much for spreading the word.

Okay, well, great chatting with you.  Let's catch up here soon, okay?

Bye!

PS.  Donate here!  http://pages.teamintraining.org/gba/ambbr15/melissacheung#home









No comments: