Chronicles of my insanity

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Ouch!

6 weeks of training under my belt. So far I have:

  • Been sore in every muscle of my body for 3 weeks
  • Gotten up and swam BEFORE work 3 times
  • Managed to successfully get my water bottle out of my cage while riding AND take a sip of water. (mind you this was after almost crashing and dropping the bottle twice)
  • Ridden over 100 miles on my ironically name bike, Speedster 5.
  • Raise over $2000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
  • Spend a buttload of money at Sports Basement.
Today's training was by far the most challenging for me yet. I swam about 1600 meters and then biked 21 miles with a really challenging hill. I had to stop twice on the hill, but I made it! Our coach was with me most of the way and was amazingly encouraging. Knowing that riding with clipless pedals increases efficiency by at least 30% has convinced me to practice again tomorrow. That hill kicked my butt.

I've been swimming with the "elite" group - the middle group. And being a wimp about my running and doing it with the "age group" aka easy group. Biking, I am sure I am the slowest person out there. I am usually one of the last to finish. But it's getting easier each time I do it.

Tomorrow we have a run in the Golden Gate park. If day lights savings time doesn't keep me in bed, I'll be there with the team. And will try to do the full 65 minutes with the elites. I'm sore all over and signing off! More to come.

No comments: