Chronicles of my insanity

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Aloha Speedster Aloha Hips

Speedster, Old Orangey (Chris' bike) and many other bikes were loaded up in a truck at Sports Basement this past week to head to Maui. I hope they are lounging by the beach drinking Mai Tais waiting or us. I'm a tad bit nervous sending my bike off without me, but luckily all we had to do was remove the pedals. The rest of the bike stays intact for the journey. I've heard horror stories of folks who had their bikes fall apart on them during their race because it wasn't re-assembled properly.

The other development has been a slow ache in my right hip. This isn't a new injury, but re-occurring one I've had over the last 6 years. It was doing just fine while I went to see my amazing chiropractor. But when I changed jobs, and thus health insurance, I stopped going to see him. He is a healer and an amazing doc. I am regretting not dealing with the health insurance and returning to visit him. Hopefully lots of stretching and some ice will get me through next week.

We had our last weekend run this morning in the lovely San Francisco summer (read: 50, windy, foggy, and misty). Not exactly good training for the heat, but good to run with my ladies for the last time before the race and the end of the season.

Already, I'm getting the post-season blues. But I will be very very happy to get to sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays in the near future (until I sign up for my next race. . . .)

No comments: