Chronicles of my insanity

Friday, May 23, 2008

Peak Week - Part 2

We are in the midst of peak training week for Maui, and it has been strangely hard. This may be in part due to the fact that my workouts until a few days ago, have consisted of my running on a treadmill for 20 minutes at a time watching Charmed in random hotels around the country. It just seems like a lot more of a work out when you're watching witches kick demon butt. (I know, I know, I shouldn't confess these things online).

But this week, I've managed to cram a bit of serious training in, doing a spin class on Tuesday, serious hill repeats on Wednesday, and long brick last night. Tonight we're off to the pool for our Friday Night Swim Date. I'm hoping to get at least two more bike rides in the next few days week because we have to pack up our bikes and send them off to Hawaii on Tuesday. I hope Speedster doesn't get sea sick like I do.

Can't believe Maui is coming up so quickly. And boy am I looking forward to the beach. . . er. . . I mean race!

No comments: