Chronicles of my insanity

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Forms of Training


Well the last 3 weeks have been crazy. I've changed up my training a bit to focus less on swimming, biking, and running, and more on drinking rum and eating fried foods. Not exactly effective, I'm learning.

So we went on vacation to Colombia for 2 weeks. It was an amazing trip and I had a great time. I am hoping I didn't loose too much ground on the training front. I did swim in the Caribbean quite a bit, and even did three 45min+ open water swims. But then the pica picas (jellyfish like creatures) moved in. So I stayed on the boat and drank some more rum.

But now I am back and ready to pick up where I left off. I went to spin class last night, my first in 7 months. That went fairly well, though I am still pretty out of shape.

I am trying not to get to worried or stressed about my lack of good training this season. It's all for a good cause, right?

Anyhow, first open water swim with the team this weekend. 49 degree water here I come!!

No comments: