Chronicles of my insanity

Monday, March 16, 2009

There are 4 muscles that are not sore


I'm finally back in to the full swing of training, and my body is rebelling. I have been waking up every morning and announcing to Chris "I'm sore all over." Then I roll back over and go to sleep again.

The first week back after vacation has been tough physically, but very good mentally. I am feeling like I will be able to do the race as long as I am diligent with my training. I may not have PR this season, but I know I will have a good time!

This week I:
  • Did our first brick (bike and run) in the Presidio.
  • Swam 2100 meters without loosing count of my laps at all!
  • Did some hill repeats on my bike in the Presidio. Had a hard time on the hill on Arguello, but other than that, did alright.
  • Ran 6 miles on Sunday in the rain.
  • And. . . we did our first open water swim in the Bay! It was *only* 54 degrees. Balmy, compared to years past.
In addition to tri- training. I'm also all consumed with painting our new house and packing our old house. Busy busy times. Next weekend, we're off to training weekend to train on the course of Wildflower. Wish me luck!!

No comments: