Chronicles of my insanity

Friday, April 6, 2007

Perspective

Training for these events is really an exercise in perspective.
For example:

  • I think the bike at Wildflower is painfully hard.
  • Chris thinks its easy.
  • Chris thinks a marathon is hard.
  • The guys on the Ironteam do them as part of their training.
  • I swam 3000m last night and thought I was a rock star.
  • I watched the masters team do the same distance in half the time.

I find it so easy to compare myself to others and feel bad about it. But I guess what I need to remember is something more like this:

  • I used to think running 2 miles would kill me.
  • Now I run 4 miles to clear my head.
  • I used to thinking triathlons were for crazy people.
  • Now I think I am crazy.
  • I get freaked out by clipless pedals.
  • Some of our honorees face cancer every day and never freak out.

No comments: