Chronicles of my insanity

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tapering

We are officially in taper! 7 days to go and lots of strange thoughts and emotions going on:

  1. Why was the last aquatic park swim and run so hard? I was dizzy, nauseated, and out of breath. Aren't we supposed to feel strong?
  2. My latest obsession has been potholes in the road -- no, not while riding my bike. I'm living in fear that I will gracefully trip on the street while walking along and twist my ankle next week. No heels allowed.
  3. I'm already getting post-race blues. How is that possible? This has been such a trip, and I am already sad that I will have to come down off my high. I've combated this by investigating my next adventure. Hawaii anyone?
  4. I love ice cream. And I love that I can eat all the ice cream I want right now. Especially Pollyann's banana chocolate chip ice cream, or lychee flavored, but definitely not Durian flavored.
  5. I feel honored to have had the chance to train with my team. What an amazing group of people. What an amazing effort.
  6. There is way too much gear involved in triathlons. I am betting myself a dollar that I will forget at least one critical piece of gear (e.g., a bike).
  7. I am still fearful of the big-ass hills on the bike. And have no idea if I will be able to run the run.
  8. Chris and I are not drinking for two weeks before the race. My liver seems happy.
  9. Today I was passed on an uphill by a rollerblader. I kept thinking he has 8 wheels, and I only have 2. Unfair advantage.
  10. I cannot wait to get to sleep in on a Saturday morning again. Hallelujah!
We're taking Friday off work to drive down to Lake San Antonio. The long course is on Saturday and Chris and I will race on Sunday. The weather forecast looks good - 70's or 80's and sunny.

I'm ready to be inspired, humbled, exhausted, and exhilarated. Wish me and Speedster luck as we complete our journey to the starting line and embark on our celebration across the finish line.

No comments: