Chronicles of my insanity

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Best 2 Miles Ever

The gym was crowded and stinky, but I found a treadmill with my name on it. I walked briskly for about 5 minutes. OK, feeling fine, no pain. I think I can do this.

Inched up the speed to a 12 min mile. No pain yet. Legs are moving fine. Heart rate is increasing slowly.

Had to take of my glasses (still have the stupid eye infection), so couldn't really see.

Increased the speed slowly to a level where I wasn't pushing myself, but definitely in the cardio zone. Ran for 2 miles, and it felt pretty amazing. I loved sweating. I loved feeling that I was using my muscles. I loved moving my arms in that rhythmic way. I loved listening to my ipod and getting lost in the repetition. I even loved how it was boring and monotonous and I wanted it to be over. Seriously, it was such a great feeling!

After 2 miles of running, I cooled down a bit and then put my glasses back on. Thrilled at how well it went, I looked at the workout summary. Apparently, I was running a lightening speed of 11:06/mile. Oye. Well, you have to start somewhere. Even that little bit of disappointment couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I walked home.

No comments: