Chronicles of my insanity

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Starting Over

Today I ran 3 miles on Crissy Field! First time out on the open road, and longest distance in 6 months. It was slow and painful, and I was counting down the minutes until completion. I was happy that I managed to run 3 miles, but the world was moving by me awfully slow. Dogs were doing triple laps around me, and I barely passed a speed-walker. Ah such are the humbling lessons of getting back in to shape.

I have finally talked myself down off the Half Iron man cliff. After having a few rough physical therapy sessions and realizing we would be on vacation for 2 weeks, thereby missing 3 weekends of training, I decided it would be wise to stick to the Olympic distance at Wildflower. I really wanted to push myself to do the longer distance, but realized I will have plenty of pushing just to get myself back into decent shape. There will always be more race in my future.

On the upside, my ass seemed to hold up fine during the run!

No comments: