Chronicles of my insanity

Monday, April 27, 2009

Let the Taper Begin


Sunday we did a practice triathlon at Crissy Field. A 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, and 3 mile run all in one of the most beautiful places in San Francisco. It was a gorgeous day and I felt pretty good.

I swallowed an enormous amount of Bay water at the start and had to stop to prevent myself from throwing up. And then I really had to pee, so stopped a bit to try to do that. With no success and people swimming past me like mad, I pressed on. The water was cold and I got a bit dizzy. Wasn't my best swim. Oh well.

The bike was great. I love biking through the Presidio. There are a few nice hills and lots of rollers. The forest of Eucalyptus trees and the fancy Sea Cliff neighborhood keep you well entertained.

And the run was mostly flat, with one steep hill down to Aquatic Park. Jello legs didn't last too long, and I felt fine when I finished.

Someone ran into me on the bike, and I cut my leg. I didn't even notice but had a nice stream of blood running down my leg by the time I got back. Nice!

Anyhoo, now we begin the official taper. Light workouts, and no more drinking. Trying to get lost of sleep this week, too. Woohoo!

We head down to Lake San Antonio on Friday. Wish me luck!!

No comments: