Chronicles of my insanity

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sweepers Unite

Sometimes you just have to embrace your inner slowness. A group of four of us were officially the sweep team. We kept each other company and none talked of how utterly far behind we were from the rest of the group. Sort of an unspoken rule. With the pressure of catching up off of us, we had a lovely ride together.

We did a very hilly 36 mile ride around Mt. Tam. It was probably 2500+ ft of climbing and there were points were I was nauseous from exertion, wanted to give up, and pretty much thought I'd just fall off my bike or roll backwards. But I did none of those and am pleased to call that a victory.

One of our teammates had some flat tire issues, so there was a good 30 min break in there to help her out, not that I minded the rest. We had a good view of the fog over Stinson Beach and watched the paragliders set up shop and fall off of cliffs.

It was still a lovely day in the city when we got back. 65 or so. A teammate of ours had a fundraising bbq in Dolores Park, which is a fabulous people watching park in the mission. I scarfed down a hot dog and a burger. Ahhh training! This is my favorite part.

Tomorrow we do an open water swim in the Bay, which will be great, since it will be warm outside. But the best part of the swim is that it marks the beginning of TAPERing!!

No comments: