Chronicles of my insanity

Thursday, February 28, 2008

How Much Would You Pay to See Me Jello Wrestle?

So, the thing I love about triathlons is that it pushes me to stretch myself. In the end, I find that I have accomplished significantly more than I ever thought I could.

So in the name of doing things I never thought I would do, I am considering Jello Wrestling for a Cure!

I must admit that there is something strangely enticing about doing this. I mean, really, how often do you get the opportunity to Jello wrestle? And how proud are my parents going to be of me? (Hi Mom and Dad!) But, to actually do it, I need your help. . .

Here’s how it works:

  • My friend Pam is holding this event to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It’s a ladies wrestling event only.
  • Help me reach $5000 by the end of March, I’ll throw my name into the ring and wrestle for a cure! (I'm about $700 shy as of today. See fundraising page below for latest stats)
  • Help me raise $5500 by the end of March, you all get to choose which outfit I will wear for said wrestling content.

The sooner the money comes in, the sooner we will get to discuss outfits!

http://www.active.com/donate/tntgsf/MelissaCheung2008

The event is in San Francisco on April 5th. The location and time will be disclosed upon my entering the content.

Sincerely,

Melissa, who may live to regret posting this.

No comments: